Web Design T & C's
Terms and Conditions
By accepting a quote from us either verbally, in writing or by email you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
2. Quotes are valid for 28 days.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure that any web site is lawful and does not infringe any copyright or any other laws. It is also your responsibility to carry out any market research as to the viability and profitability of any project before accepting any quote.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a website that we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
5. The acceptance of a quote either verbally, in writing or by email shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and us.
6. At project acceptance we can provide an estimated completion date, however we cannot guarantee this date as a final completion date.
7. A deposit of no less than 40% of the total quoted price or £100 whichever is the greater, must be provided before project commencement.
8. Once a project has commenced it will be completed using the information, data, text and images provided at project commencement or during the design phase. Once the design process has been completed the project will be presented to the client who may make any changes to design and content he/she wishes.
9. We will initially place the client's web site on a demonstration server in order that the client may view and comment upon the project. Once the client has approved the project a final invoice will be presented.
10. We reserve the right to alter our prices at any time without prior notice. If a quote at an original price has been made it will be valid for 28 days and subsequently during the life of the current project, however additional work may be charged for using the new pricing structure.
11. A client’s website will be hosted once approval of the design and content is given however we reserve the right to remove the site at any time until the invoice is paid in full.
12. When a quote has been accepted and a developed project approved by the client the invoice must be paid within 14 days regardless of the amount of content that the client still has to provide to us.
13. Content or features listed in the original quote but not provided during the development phase by the client can be added at any time in the future, however invoices must be paid in full including sections which the client still has to provide content for.
14. All material, both text and images supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's web site, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
15. The copyright for all material provided by us, such as source code, graphics, photographs, video, animation and text, will remain the property of us until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
16. We produce projects where every effort is made to display the pages correctly on most popular browsers currently available; however we cannot accept responsibility for pages which don’t display properly on versions of browsers released after the project is completed.
17. The client is ultimately responsible for checking the correctness of the website before they give us the go ahead to make the site publicly available.
18. When a client agrees that a site can be made publicly available they are agreeing that the design and development of the site has satisfied all their requirements. In some circumstances and only by agreement between you and us we will make an incomplete site publicly available.
2. Our payment terms are 14 days; payment must be made by cheque or cash and delivered to the invoice address unless otherwise agreed.
3. Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £20 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
4. We reserve the right to charge interest on late payments at the rate of 8.5%
Hosting, support and updating service agreements
2. These packages are quoted for either on application or at time of quoting for a full project.
3. Hosting, support and updating services are annually renewable, package start dates are based on when the package or domain name is first registered and when the website goes live.
4. Our content update service refers to any content, photographs or text which replaces any current content. It does not extend to producing new sections or pages unless otherwise noted.
5. Quoted prices generally stay the same year on year but can change depending on the amount of content updated, additional sections added, band width or web space used.
6. We submit websites to search engines, however we cannot guarantee inclusion or accept responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of website promotion, chooses not to list a client's web site.
7. Hosting support and updating packages are renewed quarterly, bi-annually or annually, invoices are provided approximately one month before the renewal date however our usual payment terms apply from the invoice date. One-off support or updates are available upon request.
8. Customers wishing to cancel a hosting, support or updating package must inform us before the invoice date otherwise full payment will be required for the next period.
9. No partial refunds will be given for hosting, servicing or updating packages cancelled during the current agreement’s time period.
10. While we and our hosting partners take many steps to ensure that clients sites are always backed-up it is the client’s responsibility to inform us when they make a change to the site so that we can then backup that specific part. For example databases on database driven sites.
11. 12 month’s hosting is provided free of charge with all website projects. The hosting package is the “Standard” package as displayed on our website at www.sona-online.co.uk. We reserve the right to alter the features of this package including but not limited to bandwidth and web space, as well as price. You will only be notified of such changes to features should they impact on your website. Should your website use more web space or bandwidth than is provided within the “Standard” package, we will discuss with you an alternative package to suit your needs.
12. Our separate web hosting terms and conditions, as found on our website at www.sona-online.co.uk also apply to any included hosting, and by accepting these terms and conditions you agree that you have read the web hosting terms and conditions also. These can be found directly at http://www.sona-online.co.uk/hosting/web-hosting-terms.html. A hard or electronic copy is available upon request and you should not accept these terms and conditions until you have read the web hosting terms and conditions.
13. A .uk domain is provided free of charge as part of each website project. Other domain types area available upon request but will be charged separately. These domain names are the property of the client.
14. Hosting provided free of charge with website projects has not been paid for by the client and therefore no refunds will be made for any cancellation of hosting in any circumstance.
Visits to clients premises
1. Visits to client’s premises are not included in any project quotes unless specifically mentioned. We reserve the right to charge clients for site visits and these costs will be notified to the client for approval prior to these taking place.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
SONA reserve the right to alter any of the above terms and conditions at any time.